When I attended the Natural Product Expo this spring I also joined the New Hope Influencer Coop, a community of natural lifestyle influencers and health experts who support the mission to bring more health to more people in partnership with New Hope Network. They sent this beautiful box full of innovative natural health, food and beauty products that I normally would have never heard about (except the beauty ones of course). Here’s what was inside:
- Ancient inGRAINed Snack Co – Ka-Pop Dairy-Free Cheddar Popped Chips (@KaPopSnacks; @KaPop_Snacks)
- BFree Foods – Stone Baked Pita Breads (@BFreeUSA; @BFreeFoods)
- Big Island Coffee Roasters – Espresso Bites (@bigislandcoffeeroasters)
- Curaleaf – Lemongrass and Menthol Lotion (@CuraleafHemp)
- Earth Mama Angel Baby – Baby Face Mineral Sunscreen Face Stick SPF 40 (@earthmamaorganics; @earthmama)
- Elma Farms – POSHI Marinated Vegetable Snack (@eatposhi; @healthyposhi)
- Goddess Garden – SPF 30 Everyday Natural Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for Sensitive Skin (@goddessgarden)
- Jenny’s Gourmet Foods LLC – Greenjoy Cacao & Greens Pressed Salad Bar (@greenjoylife; @AuntDottiesKayco)
- Life’s Grape – Vine-Dried Grapes (@lifes_grape; @LifesGrapeSnacks)
- MARS Food North America – Seeds of Change Quinoa & Brown Rice with Garlic (@SeedsofChange)
- R.W. Garcia Co. – Organic Bar-B-Q Corn Chips (@rwgarciasnacks)
- Serenity Tea Sips, LLC – Bergamot and Jasmine Tea (@SerenityTeaSips)
- Smart Baking Company – Gluten Free Smart Cakes Raspberry Cream (@SmartBaking; @smartbakingcompany)
- Sun Chlorella USA – Sun Chlorella “A” Granules (@sunchlorellausa; @SunChlorella)
- Tango Advanced Nutrition – AllerPhase (@puretango; @AllerPhase)
- The Little Potato Company – Garlic Parsley Microwavable Potatoes (@LittlePotatoCo)
- Wakunaga of America – Kyo-Dophilus Kids (@KyolicAGE)
F O O D S
The Ancient inGRAINed Snack Co and their Ka-Pop Dairy-Free Cheddar Popped Chips had to be my favorite food product in there though almost everything was delicious. For being dairy-free they tasted even better than regular cheddar popped chips. There was such an intense crunch to each of the chips and so much flavor I would definitely purchase these again.
The Little Potato Company’s Garlic Parsley Microwavable Potatos were easy and convenient to make for dinner and packed a garlic punch in each bite. They were a tad on the salty side for me.
The Smart Baking Company’s Gluten Free Smart Cakes Raspberry Cream were cute little cakes in a cup, but I did find the texture to be a little too dry and the taste much too sweet for my palette. Otherwise I love the concept and the fact that they’re gluten free!
The Sun Chlorella come in individual packets and in granule form, but once you pour them in water they begin to dissolve. I usually can’t stand the taste of chlorella on its own in water, but this one did not have a strong taste.
Seeds of Change Quinoa & Brown Rice with Garlic was super delicious – I included this in a dinner and it took my dish to the next level. Perfect texture and amount of seasoning has been added to this.
Greenjoy Cacao & Greens Pressed Salad Bar reminded me a lot of the Fruit Rollups I used to eat as a kid. I love the concept of greens that could almost pass as a candy snack. It tastes super natural and isn’t overly sweet.
Big Island Coffee Roasters Coffee Bites actually tasted like chocolate too me even though it isn’t! It’s coffee with some natural sweetener and has a very strong taste to it. It’s quite sweet and has a tinge of bitterness from the coffee.
POSHI Marinated Vegetable Snack was a total surprise. I thought these were dry snacks but they come in their natural state and are marinated in ingredients that help preserve them. Super healthy and a great option for people who don’t like to eat vegetables.
P E R S O N A L C A R E
I’ve been using the Goddess Garden SPF 30 Everyday Natural Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for Sensitive Skin that says “Sheer” on it and while it isn’t exactly sheer (there is a bit of a white tint) it doesn’t leave a strong white cast like some others do. It’s perfectly smooth, hydrating and lightweight and feels very much like a true lotion. It’s got a subtle lavender scent.
I got a little jar sample of the Curaleaf Lemongrass and Menthol Lotion and didn’t expect such a tiny amount would work so well. You can feel the cooling effect immediately and it stays for a good few hours, so it’s definitely something to try on areas of aches and pains for immediate relief.
Earth Mama Angel Baby Baby Face Mineral Sunscreen Face Stick SPF 40 comes in a small cylindrical push-up container and contains only natural and safe ingredients along with zinc oxide for spf protection. I found it to be a very emollient and rich sunscreen (great for dry skin). It does leave a white cast.